Thursday, September 10, 2009

Welcome Cornerstone Mentees

I am a full time lifeguard and full time student. I chose UCF because I am able to live on the beach and commute to Orlando and go to a great university. I was origionally an education major. I switched to IDS a year ago and wish I would have known about it sooner. My minor is Hospitality Management and my two areas are Education and Criminal Justice. A pretty wide variety but I look forward to the oppurtunities and challenges. I plan to use my minor in Hospitality Management in January when I move to Hawaii. I am going just to surf and live a great life, but I will need a good job while I'm there. - Cheyenne Black

Hello fellow IDS Major Colleagues...My name is Lisa Beni, and I'm an ambling 'Baby Boomer'. Almost finished a 2-year Nursing Degree, but unforeseen health issues tabled my RN path. Started over, revamped priorities, and entered into UCF's IDS Program....It afforded me some time to fine-tune my goals during "Transition". I love helping people... This IDS Degree will allow me to transition into Relevant Interdisciplinarity Healthcare pathways dovetailing past experience into IDS and 'still' remain in my healthcare niche--Helping and working with people on a Psychosocial and Community-based context.... Volunteered: Orphanages, Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, a High School, YMCA, and several Hospitals--I'm curious about our "Junior Achievement" experience and objectives vis-a-vis my previous volunteerism/community-based contributions.......Also actively Job-Hunting in South Florida + Researching Graduate School options, and adapting to South Florida transition in my new home.
- Lisa Beni

No comments:

Post a Comment